- •A vegan diet, which includes a wide variety of plant foods, provides ideal nutrients for skin diseases such as acne, atopic dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- •The supplementation of vitamin B12, recommended in those who follow a vegan diet, seems to have a protective role.
- •Avoiding the intake of foods of animal origin and their derivatives is protective against the development of numerous skin diseases.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Publication stageIn Press Accepted Manuscript
Edited by Stephen P. Stone, MD
Declarations of interest: none
Dr. Rebecca McConnell, Bronson Healthcare Michigan, assisted in the writing.