Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 80th anniversary of the discovery of penicillin an appreciation of Sir Alexander Fleming.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2008; 32: 373
- A re-appraisal of the conventional history of antibiosis and penicillin.Mycoses. 2017; 60: 343-347
- Penicillin resistance; of bacteria; strain variations in penicillin sensitivity among bacterial species encountered in war wounds and infections.Am J Clin Pathol. 1946; 16: 63-65
Frieden T. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Antibiotic resistance threats in the United States, 2013. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/threat-report-2013/pdf/ar-threats-2013-508.pdf. Accessed January 20, 2021.
- Antibacterial resistance worldwide: causes, challenges, and responses.Nat Med. 2004; 10: S122-S129
- Natural solution to antibiotic resistance: bacteriophages “The Living Drugs.World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2014; 30: 2153-2170
- Antibiotic resistance in the wild: an eco-evolutionary perspective.Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2017; 37220160039
- Bacteria: relationships between resistance determinants of antibiotic producers, environmental bacteria, and clinical pathogens.Front Microbiol. 2018; 9: 2928
- Bacteriophages.([Updated 2019 Feb 20])StatPearls [Internet]. StatPearls Publishing, Treasure Island (FL)2019
- Phage therapy–history from Twort and d'Herelle through Soviet experience to current approaches.Adv Virus Res. 2012; 83: 3-40
- Propionibacterium (cutibacterium) acnes bacteriophage therapy in acne: current evidence and future perspectives.Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2019; 9: 19-31
- Phage therapy in a 16-year-old boy with netherton syndrome.Front Med (Lausanne). 2017; 4: 94
- Novel Phage Lysin Abp013 against Acinetobacter baumannii.Antibiotics (Basel). 2022; 11: 169
- Development and use of personalized bacteriophage-based therapeutic cocktails to treat a patient with a disseminated resistant acinetobacter baumannii infection.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017; 61 (-17): e00954
https://www.niaid.nih.gov/search/cognitive?search=bacteriophage, accessed 3/10/22.
- New center aims to advance bacteriophage therapy.Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, University of Minnesota, 22 June 2018 (Available at:)Accessed July 1, 2019)
LaFee S, Buschman H. With OK from FDA, UC San Diego researchers prepare to launch novel phage study. Available at: https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/Pages/2019-01-08-FDA-okays-uc-san-diego-to-launch-novel-phage-study.aspx. Accessed January 20, 2020.
- Beyond antibiotics: new therapeutic approaches for bacterial infections.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 63: 89-95
- Guidelines of care for the management of acne vulgaris.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016; 74: 945-973
- Isolation and characterization of a novel phage SaGU1 that infects staphylococcus aureus clinical isolates from patients with atopic dermatitis.Curr Microbiol. 2021; 78: 1267-1276
- Staphylococcal phage in combination with staphylococcus epidermidis as a potential treatment for staphylococcus aureus-associated atopic dermatitis and suppressor of phage-resistant mutants.Viruses. 2020; 13: 7
- Bacteriophage therapy: clinical trials and regulatory hurdles.Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2018; 8: 376
- Bacteriophages as potential treatment option for antibiotic resistant bacteria.Ad Exp Med Biol. 2014; 807: 97-110
- A wake-up call: we need phage therapy now.Viruses. 2018; 10: E688
- Pros and cons of phage therapy.Bacteriophage. 2011; 1: 111-114
- Phage therapy: various perspectives on how to improve the art.Methods Mol Biol. 2018; 1734: 113-127
- Quality and safety requirements for sustainable phage therapy products.Pharm Res. 2015; 32: 2173-2179