Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. ASDS consumer survey on cosmetic dermatologic procedures. Available at: https://www.asds.net/medical-professionals/practice-resources/asds-consumer-survey-on-cosmetic-dermatologic-procedures. Accessed February 22, 2020.
- Factors influencing consumer decisions in aesthetics: selection of procedures and practitioners.Dermatol Surg. 2020; 46: 1470-1471
- Patient perception of beauty on social media: professional and bioethical obligations in esthetics.J Cosmet Dermatol. 2020; 19: 1129-1130
- Social media use and depression and anxiety symptoms: a cluster analysis.Am J Health Behav. 2018; 42: 116-128
- Experiences With medical spas and associated complications: a survey of aesthetic practitioners.Dermatol Surg. 2020; 46: 1543-1548
- Social media use and anxiety in emerging adults.J Affect Disord. 2017; 207: 163-166
Pew Research Center. Social media fact sheet. Available at: https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/fact-sheet/social-media/. Accessed March 1, 2019.
- The plastic surgery social media influencer: ethical considerations and a literature review.Aesthet Surg J. 2020; 40: 691-699
- Patients’ and surgeons’ perceptions of social media's role in the decision making for primary aesthetic breast augmentation.Aesthet Surg J. 2018; 38: 1078-1084
- Skincare addiction on Reddit: dermatology enthusiasts talk skin.Dermatol Surg. 2020; 46: 1372-1374
- The influence of social media on acne treatment: a cross-sectional survey.Pediatr Dermatol. 2020; 37: 301-304
- Public social media consultations for dermatologic conditions: an online survey.Dermatol Online J. 2020; 26 (13030/qt5ht4k2rh)
- An update on social media in academic plastic surgery training programs: the rising trend of likes, shares, and retweets.Ann Plast Surg. 2020; 85: 100-104
- Insta-grated plastic surgery residencies: the rise of social media use by trainees and responsible guidelines for use.Aesthet Surg J. 2018; 38: 1145-1152
- When is posting about patients on social media unethical “medutainment”?.AMA J Ethics. 2018; 20: 328-335
- Social nedia: a necessary evil?.Aesthet Surg J. 2020; 40: 700-702
- Dermatology on Instagram: an analysis of hashtags.J Drugs Dermatol. 2018; 17: 482-484
- Patient health-seeking behavior on WeChat: social media and dermatology.JAAD Case Rep. 2020; 6: 136-138
- Prospective physician awareness of the associations between social media and mental health.Acad Psychiatry. 2020; 44: 78-81
- The development and impact of a social media and professionalism course for medical students.Teach Learn Med. 2017; 29: 296-303
- What is appropriate to post on social media? Ratings from students, faculty members and the public.Med Educ. 2014; 48: 157-169
- Selfie telemedicine—what are the legal and regulatory issues?.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2018; 254: 53-62
- #PlasticSurgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 138: 1354-1365
- An updated assessment of social media usage by dermatology journals and organizations.Dermatol Online J. 2018; 24 (13030/qt3jr646v0)
- Examining plastic surgery perceptions through the Twitterverse.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2018; 142: 278-279
- The past informs the present, academic new media pitfalls: a primer for plastic surgeons.Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2019; 7: e2178
- Socializing a plastic surgeon.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 137: 656e-657e.