Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Parasites: epidemiology & risk factors.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Accessed, December 25, 2020 (Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/head/epi.html)
- J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004; 50: 1-12
- More than skin deep: severe iron deficiency anemia and eosinophilia associated with Pediculosis capitis and corporis infestation.JAAD Case Rep. 2019; 5: 444-447
- Ten thousand years of head lice infection.Parasitol Today. 2000; 16: 269
- A tale of hair, wigs and lice.Egyptian Archaeol. 1994; 5: 31-33
- American lice of the genus Pediculus.Proc US Natl Museum. 1926; 66: 1
- Plica polinica secondary to Pediculosis capitis and use of shampoo.Int J Trichology. 2016; 10: 143-144
- Dermatosis neglecta and plica polonica in schizophrenia: rarely encountered or rarely discussed!.Int J Trichology. 2016; 8: 100-101
- An unusual autopsy case of lethal hypothermia exacerbated by body lice induced severe anemia.Int J Legal Med. 2016; 130: 765-769
- Use of human lice in forensic entomology.J Med Entomol. 2004; 41: 803-806
- Using human head lice to unravel neglect and cause of death.Parasitology. 2019; 146: 678-684
- Human identification by lice: a next generation sequencing challenge.Forensic Sci Int. 2016; 266: e71-e78
Tracy Bateman JD, James Buchwalter JD, Laura Hunter Dietz JD, Rachel M, Kane MAJD, Samantha M, Khosla JDMA, Judith Nichter Morris JD, Karl Oakes JD, Paul Steinberg JD, Elizabeth Williams JD, Theodore Wyman ID, 19C Camody-Wait 2d §119A: 21 New York Practice and Forms November 2020 Update Chapter 119A. Proceedings involving abused and neglected children, destitute children, juvenile delinquents, and persons in need of supervision. General Principals of Child Neglect.
- Proving neglect, abandonment, and emotional abuse.Handling Child Custody, Abuse and Adoption Cases. 2020 (§ 18:2 Handling child Custody, Abuse and Adoption Cases. Thomson Reuters Westlaw)
Matter of Larenzo SS, 289 A.D.2d 880,734 N.Y.S.2d 731,2001 N.Y. Slip Op. 10784 (N.Y. App. Div. 3d Dept. 2001).
In re Noemi B., 708 N.Y.S.2d 477, 273 A.D.2d 304 (N.Y. App. Div. 2d Dept. 2000).
Kathleen GG v. Kenneth II, 678 N.Y.S.2d 689, 254 A.D.2d 538 (N.Y. App. Div. 3d Dept. 1998).
- Parents face murder charge in death of girl with severe lice. The New York Times.October 5, 2020 (Available at: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/us/kaitlyn-yozviak-severe-lice-coronavirus.html Accessed December 25, 2020)
Girl (12) may have died of lice, bizarre. World Today News. October 1, 2020. Available at: https://www.world-today-news.com/girl-12-may-have-died-of-lice-bizarre/. Accessed December 25, 2020.
- AP News.September 29, 2020 (Available at: https://apnews.com/article/georgia-archive-courts-anemia-e11a4e912806ddd646116de4867a80f5 Accessed December 25, 2020)
- Quantification of blood intake of the head louse, Pediculus humanus capitis.Int J Dermatol. 2006; 45: 543-546
- Severe pediculosis capitis in a nursery school girl.Biomedica. 2019; 39: 631-638
- Severe iron deficiency anemia and lice infestation.J Emerg Med. 2011; 41: 362-365
- Severe iron deficiency anaemia associated with heavy lice infestation in a young woman BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Nov 5;2015;bcr2015212207 doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-212207.BMJ Case Rep. 2015; (bcr2015212207)https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2015-212207
- A ghost covered in lice: a case of severe blood loss with long-standing heavy pediculosis capitis infestation.BMJ Case Rep. 2014; (bcr2014206623)https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2014-206623
- A pediculid case: autosensitization dermatitis caused by pediculosis capitis.Turkiye Parazitol Derg. 2012; 36: 185-187
- National Children's Alliance.January 1, 2021 (Accessed Available at: https://www.nationalchildrensalliance.org/media-room/national-statistics-on-child-abuse/)
CAPTA Reauthorization Act of 2010, (P.L. 111-320), 42 U.S.C § 5101, Note (§3).
Child Welfare Information Gateway. Definitions of child abuse and neglect. Available at: https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/systemwide/laws-policies/statutes/define/. Accessed January 5, 2021. See Also Child Welfare Information Gateway (2019). Definitions of Child Abuse and neglect. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children's Bureau
- Child protection research briefing: child neglect.NSPCC, 2007: 1-18
- Local news. Children found with lice, scabies in home with ‘feces strewn about;’ 3 arrested.WANE. March 6, 2019; 15 (Available at: https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/children-found-with-lice-scabies-in-home-with-feces-strewn-about-3-arrested/ Accessed January 1, 2021)
- Child Abuse: Approach and Management.Am Fam Physician. 2007; 75 (. Available at: https://www.dermatologytimes.com/view/child-abuse-diagnosis-requires-careful-analysis, Accessed January 1, 2021): 221-228
Re: Janet T, 113 Cal. Rptr. 2d 163,172,93 Cal.App.4th 377 (Cal. App. 2d Dist. 2001).
Re: KMB, 91 S.W.3d 18,24–25 (Tex. App.-Fort Worth 2002).
- Child maltreatment during the COVID-19 pandemic: consequences of parental job loss on psychological and physical abuse towards children.Child Abuse Negl. 2020; 110104709
- 250,000 cases of child abuse or neglect may have gone unreported in U.S. COVID pandemic.News Medical Life Sciences. November 12, 2020; (Available at: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20201112/250000-cases-abuse-or-neglect-may-have-gone-unreported-in-US-COVID-pandemic.aspx Accessed January 1, 2021)