Coronavirus Resource Center. Available at: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html. Accessed August 25, 2020.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and do-not-resuscitate orders: a guide for clinicians.Am J Med. 2010; 123: 4-9
- Do-not-resuscitate order after 25 years.Crit Care Med. 2003; 31: 1543-1550
- Postoperative outcomes in patients with a do-not-resuscitate (DNR) order undergoing elective procedures.J Clin Anesth. 2018; 48: 81-88
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation during the COVID-19 pandemic: A view from trainees on the front line.Circulation. 2020; 141: 1833-1835
- The importance of addressing advance care planning and decisions about do-not-resuscitate orders during novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).JAMA. 2020; 323: 1771-1772
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Reporting and coding deaths due to COVID-19. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/coding-and-reporting.htm. Accessed August 25, 2020.
- Understanding the treatment preferences of seriously ill patients.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 1061-1066
Richardson S., Hirsch J.S., Narasimhan M., et al. Presenting characteristics, comorbidities, and outcomes among 5700 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in the New York City area. JAMA.2020;323:2050-2059; Correction: JAMA. 2020;323:2098.
- The importance of clarity for hospital code status orders: Challenges and opportunities.Chest. 2020; 158: 21-23