Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Semmelweis commemoration. Semmelweis and the oath of Hippocrates.Proc R Soc Med. 1966; 59: 346-352
- The soap chamber test. A new method for assessing the irritancy of soaps.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1979; 1: 35-41
- Soaps, shampoos, and detergents: a scientific soap opera.Clin Dermatol. 1996; 14: 1-132
- Surfactants, skin cleansing protagonists.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2010; 24: 1-6
- Surfactant-induced stratum corneum hydration in vivo: prediction of the irritation potential of anionic surfactants.J Invest Dermatol. 1993; 101: 310-315
- Effects of surfactants on skin hydration.Curr Probl Dermatol. 1995; 22: 72-79
- Detergents with different chemical properties induce variable degree of cytotoxicity and mRNA expression of lipid-metabolizing enzymes and differentiation markers in cultured keratinocytes.Toxicol In Vitro. 2006; 20: 1387-1394
- Sodium lauryl sulphate alters the mRNA expression of lipid-metabolizing enzymes and PPAR signalling in normal human skin in vivo.Exp Dermatol. 2009; 18: 1010-1015
☆Portions of this contribution were adapted with permission from the following: Wolf R, Orion E, Parish LC. A scientific soap opera and winter itch. Skinmed 2004;3:9-10. Wolf R, Orion E, Davidovici B. Skin care products and subtle data manipulation. Clin Dermatol 2007;25:222-4.