A study of the progress of venereology in Europe over the last 500 years mirrors the stupendous changes that have taken place in Europe during that time on scientific and cultural fronts. For the purpose of this history, the modern names for countries will be given; only modern references will be used.
- Waugh M.A
History of clinical developments in sexually transmitted diseases.
in: Holmes K.K Mardh P.A Sparling P.F Wiesner P.J Sexually transmitted diseases. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1990: 3-16
- Waugh M.A
Sexually transmitted diseases—History.
in: Lock S Last J.M Dunea G The Oxford illustrated companion to medicine. Oxford University Press, Oxford, England2001: 748-751
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Dermatology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- History of clinical developments in sexually transmitted diseases.in: Holmes K.K Mardh P.A Sparling P.F Wiesner P.J Sexually transmitted diseases. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1990: 3-16
- Sexually transmitted diseases—History.in: Lock S Last J.M Dunea G The Oxford illustrated companion to medicine. Oxford University Press, Oxford, England2001: 748-751
- Global prevalence and incidence of selected curable sexually transmitted infections. WHO/HIV-AIDS, Geneva; Switzerland2001 (February)
- Surveillance of HIV/AIDS in Europe.Eur Surveill. 2001; 6: 84-88
© 2002 Elsevier Science Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.