This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
An efficient method is described for the isolation of mouse hair follicle mRNAs. The RNA contains two peaks of mRNA activity, 11s and 18s. The larger-sized group of mRNAs encodes keratins of 46K, 47K, 58K, 59K, and 63K Mr. cDNAs were prepared using the follicular mRNAs as templates and cloned to produce a library. Initial screening of this library has identified five acidic and six basic mouse hair keratin clones.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Dermatology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- In vitro biosynthesis of mouse hair keratins under the direction of follicular RNA.J Invest Dermatol. 1982; 79: 173-177
- The fractionation of RNA's by sucrose gradient centrifugation.in: 4th ed. Methods in Enzymology. 12A. Academic Press, New York1967: 620-634 (Nucleic Acids)
- An efficient mRN A-dependent translation system from reticulocyte lysates.Eur J Biochem. 1976; 67: 247-256
- Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4.Nature. 1970; 227: 680-685
- Keratin filaments of cultured human epidermal cells.J Biol Chem. 1978; 253: 2053-2060
- A film detection method for tritium-labelled proteins and nucleic acids in polyacrylamide gels.Eur J Biochem. 1974; 46: 83-88
- Quantitative film detection of 3H and 14C in polyacrylamide gels by fluorography.Eur J Biochem. 1975; 56: 335-341
- A bacterial clone synthesizing pro-insulin.in: 4th ed. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 75. 1978: 3727-3731
- Colony hybridization: a method for the isolation of cloned DNAs that contain a specific gene.in: 4th ed. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 72. 1975: 3961-3965
- The isolation of wool keratin messenger RNA from sheep.J Invest Dermatol. 1980; 75: 244-247
☆Supported in part by NIH Grants 1 F32 AMO6577-01, AM21358, 1 R23 AM35644-01, a grant from Estee Lauder, Inc., and a grant from the Rudolf L. Baer Foundation for Skin Diseases, Inc.
© 1988 Published by Elsevier Inc.