This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Dermatology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Keratins: Their composition, structure and biosynthesis.in: Charles C Thomas, Springfield, IL1972: 1-304
- The structural proteins of hair: isolation, characterization, and regulation of biosynthesis.in: 4th ed. Biochemistry and Physiology of the Skin. Vol 1. Oxford University Press, New York1983: 475-510
- Biology of the integument, II. Vertebrates.in: Springer-Verlag, Berlin1984: 293-317
- Biochemical variation of hair keratins in man and non-human primates.Am J Phys Anthropol. 1973; 39: 19-24
- Studies on microfibrils from alpha-keratin.Biochim Biophys Acta. 1976; 446: 515-524
- The high-sulpher proteins of normal and aberrant keratins.in: Lyne AG Short BF Biology of the Skin and Hair Growth. Angus and Robertson, Sydney1965: 377-398
- The chemistry of keratins.Adv Protein Chem. 1965; 20: 191-346
- Matrix proteins of human hair as a tool for identification of individuals.Forensic Sci. 1978; 11: 115-122
- Analysis of the proteins from single wool fibres by two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.Text Res J. 1981; 51: 106-108
- The complement of native alpha-keratin polypeptides of hair-forming cells: a subset of eight polypeptides that differ from epithelial cytokeratins.Differentiation. 1986; 32: 101-119
- Acidic and basic hair/nail (“hard”) keratins: their (clocalization in upper cortical and cuticle cells of the human hair follicle and their relationship to “soft” keratins.J Cell Biology. 1986; 103 (6 Part 2): 2593-2606
- Studies on reduced wool: the isolation of a major component.Aust J Biol Sci. 1964; 17: 973-989
- The molecular biology of intermediate filaments.Cell. 1985; 42: 411-420
- Organization of the polypeptide chains in mammalian keratin.Nature. 1976; 264: 377-379
- Ultrastructural study on differentiation and function of hair.in: Kobori T Montagna W Biology and Disease of the Hair. University of Tokyo Press, Tokyo1976: 23-58
- The epidermal cell periphery.in: 4th ed. Biochemistry and Physiology of the Skin. Vol. 1. Oxford University Press, New York1983: 184-196
- The catalog of human cytokeratins: patterns of expression in normal epithelia, tumors and cultured cells.Cell. 1982; 31: 11-24
© 1988 Published by Elsevier Inc.